Sunday 13 September 2009

Scandalous!

When I saw this story, I was so shocked that the Frank Cooper's Thick Cut Oxford marmalade very nearly fell from my knife. Product placement! Has it come to this? I was still reeling as I massaged the King Of Shaves Shave Oil into my whiskers, shaved them to perfection with my Gilette Fusion razor (the best a man can get), rubbed in a little Boots Skin Therapy Aqueous Cream (sensational value!) and splashed on a few drops of Penhaligon's Castile. One thing's for sure - product placement has no place on this blog.**

** Unless the price is right - applications to the usual address, cash only, no consecutive serial numbers.

7 comments:

  1. I should never have imagined that you were the sort of chap who eats Commercial Marmalade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Artistic licence, Dearieme...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the Gillette people are aware you're also flogging their rival, King of Shaves' wares too. This kind of conflict of interest can end in tears in the world of advertising Nige. As a rule don't get on the wrong side of companies that make products with five blades.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stamp me vitals Nige, Penhaligons, an extremely thick wad is essential just to get past the door of Edinburgh's George St branch.
    One of my daughters friends is an art director, mainly in independent television, spends an awfull lot of her time fighting producers, just to include particular products, as genuine props. She's never without a roll of black gaffer tape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Joey Joe - I'm a serial offender too... And don't worry Malty, the Penhaligons was a present.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Curiously shocking - does that mean TV will be Tescoed too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could try doing a utube viral and shave with marmalade? that would be worth watching.

    ReplyDelete